The Buyers’ Path to Conversion
We’re sticklers for good stats, so here are some handpicked numbers from our Google Partner Event this week:
Decreasing Store Traffic
In-store traffic is decreasing. However, when shoppers do go in-store, they’re spending more.
25% of consumers who clicked on a retailer’s Google Search ad before visiting the store are over 25% more likely to buy something in-store and they spend 10% more on average.
To Coupon or Not To Coupon?
Not sure if coupons and discounts are worth the time and effort? If you’re worried that you are annoying your customers with suggestions based on your business’s interaction with them, you might actually be making their journey easier! While mass messages are meaningless, shoppers expect personalization and relevancy:
- 7 out of 10 users are looking for promotions before they visit a store
- 9 out of 10 consumers would buy from a company that best predicts their intent and suggests products
- 49% of smartphone owners prefer to shop on a mobile site or app that recommends brands or products based on their past preferences
- 42% of people expect brands to send a notification to their phone whenever a product they’ve expressed interest goes on sale
- 91% of smartphone owners purchased or planned to purchase something after seeing an ad they describe as relevant
Reach shoppers when they’re ready to purchase by using enhanced cost per click and target return on ad spend.
The Evolving Role of Physical Stores
- Local searches on mobile devices are growing 50% faster than mobile searches overall
- 81% of shoppers checked whether a product was in-stock before they physically visited the store to purchase it
- Mobile searches related to store pickup grew more than 3x in 2016
- 1 in 10 smartphone users are certain about the specific brand they want to buy when they first begin searching for information online
- 2/3 of smartphone users agree that when conducting a search on their smartphones, they look for the most relevant information regardless of brand
- 8 in 10-holiday shoppers were influenced by online sources before purchasing
Meet Shoppers Everywhere, Whenever!
- Highlight local inventory – send customers to your store
- Use location targeting – bid more for customers that are nearest to you
- Enable time of day bid adjustments – push ads during the hours you are open
Creating a Seamless Experience Across Devices
Does your site take longer than 3 seconds to load? 53% of users will leave a site if it takes longer than 3 seconds and for every 1-second delay in mobile site load time, conversions fall 20%.
Companies that had a seamless experience across devices experienced:
- 90% higher click through rate
- 80% higher viewability
A Comprehensive Audience Strategy Includes:
- Remarketing lists – re-engage higher value audiences
- Customer match – target customers you already know
- Similar audiences – reach users similar to your current all-star customers
Contact us if you have any questions!