How to Change Your Google Profile Photo
There has been a lot of buzz around changing Edmonton’s Google profile photo.
Claiming or creating a Google My Business page is essentially the process of submitting your business location to Google, resulting in your business appearing within local search results and within Google Maps.
Changing a google profile photo can be a lengthy and complex process but this photo provides a foundation to success within the local search sphere is the presence and strong representation of a business on Google My Business.
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Login to Google with the same email address that is listed as your “Google My Business” page
- Verify your business
- After verifying your business, optimize the post to ensure that your company ranks well
- Make sure your photo meets Google’s standards
- Format: JPG or PNG
- Size: Between 10KB and 5MB
- Minimum resolution: 720px tall, 720px wide
- Click on the image on the knowledge graph, this will lead to all the images from the Google Maps listing
- Repeat for all the image you want to attempt to remove (it typically takes 7-10 days to be updated)Remember to also be active on Google Plus by posting at least once every three weeks (yes, Google Plus is still relevant!)
If the above steps do not result in the changes you want:
- Click the”report a problem” link at the far bottom right corner of the browser and mark the image as “This photo is irrelevant to this business”
- This feedback should be completed every 3-5 days until the changes are made but it can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months
- The feedback button has a filter that makes the request multiple times (even from different users or IP) can help speed up the process
If you are working with a digital agency such as Top Draw, the entire process of updating your google profile image tends to be a lot easier due to the accelerated lines of communication with Google.
Give us a shout if you want to learn more about updating your image!