What is Google Optimize?
Google Optimize is Google’s new website testing and experimentation platform. For most users, it will enable quick and easy testing of page design and content changes. While the free platform is publicly available today, we’ve had some time to play with Google Optimize through early access.
Notable features include:
- Great integration with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Use your already built original and variant pages OR build new variants with Google Optimize’s on-page visual editor.
- A/B or multivariate testing
- Improvement tracking along with built in probability and confidence calculations.
You’re Reading the Original Version of this Blog Post
While older versions of Google’s website testing platforms only supported “Page 1 vs Page 2” sort of testing, the new platform supports testing multiple variables as well as building test pages right within the tool. With this platform, you can test assertions such as:
- Is this new page design better than the old one? How much better?
- What is the best Call To Action (CTA) for our product pages?
- Is it better to use an image banner or a video for our service page?
- Should we have all the content on one page, or split the content out into lots of little pages?
Love Google Optimize and need more testing? Maybe you should look at Google’s paid Optimize 360 product. Differences between the free version and paid are available here. It’s also important to note that the free version is currently limited to 3 concurrent tests per container, though that should be plenty for most introductory users.
Do you want to know what designs drive your customers to action? Give us a call and we’ll help you.
We are currently running Google Optimize on this blog post right now! Can you guess which tests we are running?
Stay tuned for results in the next coming weeks.