Intermediate PPC Specialist
Top Draw is searching for an analytical and data-driven Intermediate PPC Specialist to join our team. If you’re looking to evolve your career at a growing digital marketing agency, we’d love to meet you.
As our Intermediate PPC Specialist, you will be responsible for delivering engaging, results-oriented Digital Advertising for projects and retainers that are designed to achieve our clients’ business objectives.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and is keen to build on them:
- 2-3 years experience executing on and optimizing Digital Advertising campaigns
- Degree/Certification in Marketing, Business or a related field
- Strong understanding of popular CMS platforms (WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, Shopify, etc)
- Strong understanding of popular Digital Advertising platforms (Google Ads, FB Ads, LinkedIn Ads, etc)
- Expert understanding of SEM, & Paid Social Media best practises, tactics and theory
- Experience using Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager
- Experience with any other high-performance Digital Advertising channels and tactics
- Follow industry news sources such as Search Engine Land, PPC Hero, Wordstream, etc
- Knowledge of other Digital Marketing practices such as content marketing and its role in Digital Marketing
- Advanced Microsoft Excel/Google Docs Skills
- Samples of previous online marketing results
Assets we would like you to have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and data-driven
- Attention to detail
- Able to work effectively independently and collaboratively
- Passion for advertising and promotions
- Strategic reasoning and problem-solving skills
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of the importance of Digital Ads in an integrated Website Development and Digital Marketing strategy
- Experience with A/B testing and visitor recording software like Crazy Egg, Hot Jar, Optimizely
- Experience with SEO tools/platforms like Moz, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, Raven Tool, etc
- Certifications (or working towards): Facebook, Hubspot, Bing
- In-depth understanding of all major Google algorithms
- Experience running a website
Your day-to-day duties:
- Produce successful Digital Ad campaigns
- Grow Google Ads and social media ad campaigns through optimizations
- Analyze & report on Digital Ad campaign performance
- Develop performance reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and execute optimization strategies and tactics for Digital Ad campaigns
- Investigate and improve optimizations of websites and landing pages
- Understand how to leverage audience data for improved campaign performance
- Execute testing protocols for improved Digital Ads and/or website performance
- Research and explore new trends and opportunities in Digital Advertising
- Liaise with team leads, adjacent service teams, and strategists to ensure industry best practices are maintained for various accounts
- Determine recommended actions for improvement to client-partners (through monthly reports)
- Provide rationale as to WHY decisions are made in regards to optimization efforts
- Digital Ads maintenance tasks
- Manage Digital Ad campaigns for maximum efficiency
- Maximize budgets
- Ensure client goals are accurately reflected in relevant campaigns
- Closely monitor campaign data for trends in performance
- Leverage automation where possible to reduce need for manual work
- Website Development project launch support
- Ensure website development projects maintain Digital Marketing best practices that impact Digital Ad success
- Keyword research, landing page and ad copy/content planning
- Conduct keyword research to inform campaigns and content opportunities
- Produce plans that can be provided to creative/client for optimized website and landing page content that will positively impact Digital Ad success
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Extra paid week of vacation over the winter holidays
- Flex time, start anywhere between 7 am and 9 am
- Our office is three blocks from the LRT and on a main bus route
- Free downtown parking
- Unlimited coffee, snacks, and beverages
- Dog-friendly Fridays at the office
- Professional development support (Certifications, Workshops, Conferences, Classes)
- Opportunities for networking and public speaking
- Lunch-and-learns to keep you informed on the latest digital marketing trends
- Rooftop patio! Work and enjoy the sun at the same time!
About Top Draw
At Top Draw, we evolve brands by knowing what’s next. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, our marketing agency has shaped award-winning and strategic marketing, websites, online advertising campaigns, and social media for over 27 years. Our growing team is conveniently located just outside of the downtown core, where parking is free and many great restaurants are only a short walk away. Here are just a few more reasons why you want to work at Top Draw.
With an innovative and creative culture, we pride ourselves on offering an open and welcoming environment for both staff and clients. If you’re looking for a career where you’ll be rewarded, recognized, and valued for your achievements, look no further.
Top Draw offers a very attractive health and benefits package and unlimited opportunity for motivated people who can get the job done.
Please note: Due to COVID-19, our team is currently working remotely.
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, NO telephone calls. Top Draw is an equal opportunity employer.
This job posting closes on September 24, 2021.