Digital Marketing Strategist
Top Draw is searching for an analytical and results-oriented Digital Marketing Strategist to join our team. If you’re looking to evolve your career at a growing digital marketing agency, we’d love to meet you.
As a Digital Marketing Strategist, you will deliver on engaging, results-oriented digital marketing strategies and provide strategic direction for customer-intimate projects and retainers that are designed to achieve our clients’ business objectives.
This role is right for you if you have the following skills and are keen to build on them:
- Post secondary qualification in Business, Marketing or a related field
- 5+ years experience in a digital marketing role
- Strong understanding of WordPress, WooCommerce, Shopify, & other CMS platforms
- Experience using Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console
- Experience with any other high-performance digital marketing channels and tactics
- Exceptional knowledge of SEO, Paid Search and Social Media Marketing
- Have a clear understanding of SEO’s role in an integrated website development and digital marketing strategy
- Experience with visitor recording software
- Experience with a variety of SEO tools/platforms like SEMrush, Moz, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, Raven Tools, and Xenu
- Familiarity with industry news sources such as Search Engine Land, Search Engine Watch and Moz.
- Knowledge of other digital marketing practices such as content marketing and its role in digital marketing.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel/ Google Docs Skills
- Understanding of Google Algorithm updates and how they affect SEO
- Knowledge of best practices in digital marketing
- Experience developing digital marketing strategies and providing recommendations for campaign optimization
Assets we would like you to have:
- Strong analytical and data-driven marketing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Strategic reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to conduct research and evaluate information
Nice to haves:
- Experience running a website from top to bottom
- Research Experience
- Certifications (or working towards): Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Bing
Your day-to-day duties:
- Meet with the service agreement clients periodically to review/ gain clarity on the client’s business and digital marketing goals
- Provide initial sales approaches that allow client partner goals to be reached
- Work with Brand Strategist, Content strategist and SEO/Digital Ads lead to ensure client partners’ goals are achieved through ongoing service agreements
- Ensure client understands how each effort will provide them with the needed exposure to achieve goal(s)
- Develop customer-intimate digital marketing strategy for new and when required, existing Top Draw clients based on industry research and data from the client’s digital assets
- Work with client partners and internal Top Draw team to ensure DM efforts are aligned with the client’s digital marketing goal(s)
- Develop PPC Direction documents to share with 3rd party providers to manage ad campaigns across Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
- Create SEO Audit presentation and checklist templates for 3rd party providers to conduct website SEO Audits
- Create Digital Marketing Strategy Direction documents that outline the high-level plan to achieve the client’s digital marketing goals
- Peer review the monthly insights reports to ensure the strategies of the accounts are working, confirm the recommendations are within scope and if/when needed use the information to pivot the work in the work plan
- Develop website strategies and research-based Information Architecture for website projects and as needed for ongoing service agreements
- Facilitate card sorting taxonomy workshops (as/if needed)
- Work with clients on Digital Marketing technical exclusive projects to ensure website structure compliments how the client/website visitor needs information to flow
- Visual sitemap development
- Develop when needed, the technical optimization guide for the development team including the 301-redirect strategy and internal linking
- Peer review of technical optimization guides to confirm they are in line with the visual sitemap, taxonomy and website strategy
- Conduct content inventory & audits, content mapping and content optimization (as/if needed)
- Perform peer review of new website development and/or web pages
- Be a subject matter expert to help ensure client partners and Marketing & Sales team at Top Draw are kept up to date with an understanding of the digital marketing ecosystem (how each channel can come together for an omni-channel experience)
- Prepare presentation decks for & facilitation of client training
- Conduct regular industry research to stay informed of updates
- Serve as a go-to resource for both internal and external teams for understanding how digital marketing can help our client partners
- Check into existing Digital Marketing campaigns for potentially missed growth opportunities
- Facilitate workshops with client partners, as needed, to help inform potential DM strategies
- Work with Team Lead to ensure internal processes and approach to campaigns maintain industry-leading quality
- Develop SOPs while investigating opportunities to bring in efficiencies (for SOPs unrelated to SEO or Digital Ads services)
- Ad hoc tasks assigned by the Strategy Director
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Extra paid week of vacation over the winter holidays
- Flex time, start anywhere between 7 am and 9 am
- Our office is three blocks from the LRT and on a main bus route
- Free downtown parking
- Unlimited coffee, snacks, and beverages
- Dog-friendly Fridays at the office
- Professional development support (Certifications, Workshops, Conferences, Classes)
- Opportunities for networking and public speaking
- Lunch-and-learns to keep you informed on the latest digital marketing trends
- Rooftop patio! Work and enjoy the sun at the same time!
About Top Draw
At Top Draw, we evolve brands by knowing what’s next. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, our marketing agency has shaped award-winning and strategic marketing, websites, online advertising campaigns, and social media for over 28 years. Our growing team is conveniently located just outside of the downtown core, where parking is free and many great restaurants are only a short walk away. Here are just a few more reasons why you want to work at Top Draw.
With an innovative and creative culture, we pride ourselves on offering an open and welcoming environment for both staff and clients. If you’re looking for a career where you’ll be rewarded, recognized, and valued for your achievements, look no further.
Top Draw offers a very attractive health and benefits package and unlimited opportunity for motivated people who can get the job done.
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, NO telephone calls. Top Draw is an equal opportunity employer.
This job posting closes on September 15, 2022. Click here to apply.