Account & Project Director
Top Draw is looking to add a strategic and results-oriented Account & Project Director to work out of our downtown Edmonton office!
The Account & Project Director is responsible for client relationship and program management, providing guidance and support to account and project managers, while resolving functional conflicts through consultation with the team.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and is keen to build on them.
- 5+ years account or project management experience in a digital agency
- Degree in marketing or related field
- Demonstrated management skills including basic business and financial competence
- Demonstrated experience in understanding client finance management, invoicing and budget requirements
- Demonstrated success working in high-growth companies
- Proven experience managing accounts and team leadership
- Strong understanding of the value of SEO, SEM, Paid Social, Marketing Automation, web development, web design and strategy
- Experience with drafting proposals and pitching new business
- Knowledge of digital tools, project management tools and CRM systems
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Google AdWords
Assets we would like you to have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership, mentorship and coaching skills
- Strategic and results-oriented
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional judgement, critical thinking and problem solving
- Effective delegation skills
Nice to haves:
- Certifications (or working towards): Google Sales, Google analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Twitter Ads
Your day-to-day duties include:
- Plan and oversee the operations and financial health of the department
- Employ cost containment strategies within business area while maintaining required standards and quality
- Manage team’s budget; Ensure decisions are financially responsible and justifiable
- Participate in weekly leadership and strategic planning sessions
- Communicate Top Draw goals and by extension the department’s goals to team
- Develop strategy to deliver on department’s objectives
- Lead team towards the achievement of the goals and objectives of the assigned business area (department)
- Periodically review team performance data to monitor and measure productivity, effectiveness and progress towards set targets
- Produce periodic reports to track strategic goal achievement
- Establish individual objectives and support team members in meeting KPI
- Monitor team performance and provide effective feedback via performance review sessions, regular 1:1 sessions, quarterly meetings, or as needed
- Develop performance improvement plans
- Identify training & professional development opportunities
- Promote process improvement
- Provide oversight and ensure adherence established standards and procedures
- Periodically audit procedures to monitor efficiency and make improvements when necessary
- Provide guidance and support in the development of proposals, change requests and other documentation
- Identify gaps in account performance and strategize or make recommendations for improvements
- Risk Mitigation: Maintain awareness and control complex situations which may lead to the client dissatisfaction and termination
- Manage sales handoff to Account Management team
- Attend quarterly goal alignment chat with client
- Oversee quarterly work planning meeting with internal team
- Coordinate with other team directors on availability and planning of resources
- Managing relationships with external resources as needed (outsourcing)
- Keep management informed of the status of accounts, issues, plans and meetings while involving management as needed
- Develop and document processes; evaluate and update documentation as required
- Take ownership of team’s processes and ensure agreed standards are enforced
- Be a Client & Top Draw advocate. Participate in conferences, networking events and speaking engagements (where applicable)
- Stay informed of technologies, trends and best practices in digital marketing and web projects, and participate in professional development activities
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Extra paid week of vacation over the winter holidays
- Flex time, start anywhere between 7 am and 9 am
- Our office is three blocks from Grandin Station and on a main bus route
- Free downtown parking
- Unlimited coffee, snacks, and beverages
- Doggy Policy
- Professional development support
- Opportunities for public speaking
- Lots of lunch and learns to keep you informed on the latest digital marketing trends
- Rooftop patio! Work and get a tan at the same time!
About Top Draw
Top Draw is a digital agency providing excellence in all aspects of online communications. Our growing team is conveniently located just outside of the downtown core, where parking is free and many great restaurants are only a short walk away. Here are just a few more reasons why you want to work at Top Draw.
We pride ourselves in offering an open and welcoming environment to both staff and clients that fosters innovation and creativity. As part of our team, you will be exposed to and involved in all aspects of online marketing while supporting the day to day production needs of the company. If you’re looking for a career choice where the sky’s the limit and your contributions will be valued, look no further.
Top Draw offers a very attractive health and benefits package and unlimited opportunity for motivated people who can get the job done.
***Due to the current Covid-19 situation, our office is closed and we are working remotely.
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, NO telephone calls. Top Draw is an equal opportunity employer.
This job posting closes on June 30, 2021.