When Top Draw takes on a new client, one of the first things we typically do is ask for access to the following accounts:
- Google Analytics
- Google Adwords
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Search Console (formerly called Webmaster Tools)
- Google My Business
These are just a few of the tools we need to set your project up for success.
Granting Top Draw Access To Your Existing Google Analytics Account
All companies should own their own Google Analytics account. It’s best practice to set this up through a general company Google account. This doesn’t necessarily have to be a Gmail account, but some companies do this to gain independence from their own internal email structure. If you don’t own your own account, it may be difficult to gain access.
Top Draw requires administrator level access to Google Analytics because we usually need to configure customized goals. We also like to filter out our own visits so that they’re not counted in the reports. To grant Top Draw access to your Google Analytics Account:
- Sign into your Google Analytics account at http://www.google.com/analytics/
- Select the website profile you’d like to grant us access to.
- Select Admin from the top menu.
- Select User Management from the Account column.
- In the Add permissions for: field, enter our Google Account email: email@example.com. Please be sure to check all permissions (Manage users, Edit, Collaborate, and Read & Analyze)
- Click Add.
That’s all that’s required. You’re now sharing your analytics with us. Thanks!
Granting Top Draw Access To Your Google Adwords Account
Just like Google Analytics, your company should have its own Adwords account, separate from any previous marketing company or personal account. When it comes to Adwords, it’s a bit easier to grant us access because Google has a really user-friendly “My Client Center” account that makes it easy to manage client accounts.
- Login to your Google Adwords Account.
- Copy your “Customer ID” from the top right of the screen. Email or tell us this number over the phone.
- From our account, we’ll request access, then notify you to login to your account once again
- Click the gear in the top right and select Account Settings.
- Select Account Access from left hand menu.
- Under the Client managers section, you should see firstname.lastname@example.org listed. Under Actions, choose accept.
Granting Top Draw Access To Your Existing Google Tag Manager
Some companies may already have a Google Tag Manager pixel implemented. If you do have a pre-existing Google Tag Manager and can confirm that you have administrator access the below will guide you to providing us with access as well. Google Tag Manager’s importance will help with optimizing digital advertising efforts along with the ability to track the success of each channel, paid or organic.
Top Draw requires administrator level access to Google Tag Manager because we’ll be adding different trackers for the purpose of our campaigns we execute for you. We’ll also be using that information to enhance our efforts to provide you with the best results possible. To grant Top Draw access to your Google Analytics Account:
- Sign into your Google Analytics account by clicking on this LINK: Google Tag Manager
Go to the Admin tab. In the Container block, select User Management.
3. Add a new user by clicking the New button in the appeared section.
4. Enter the user’s email address and the type of container access:
Click the Add button.
That’s all that’s required. You’re now sharing your Google Tag Manager container with us. Thanks!
Granting Top Draw Access To Your Google Search Console Account
- Login to your Google Search Console account.
- Click the gear icon in the top-right corner of the page and select User and Property Owners.
- Select Users & Property Owners.
- In the Verified owners section, click Add an owner.
- Enter our email address (email@example.com) then click Continue.
- Your property will be added to our Search Console account automatically.
Granting Top Draw access to your Google My Business Listing
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you’d like to manage.
- Click Users from the menu.
- In the top right corner, click the “Invite new managers” icon .
- Enter the name or email address of the user you’d like to add.
- Select the user’s role by choosing Owner, Manager, or Communications manager.
- Click Invite. Invitees will have the option to accept the invitation and immediately become listing owners or managers.
This window displays all active owners and managers, as well as people who have been invited to become owners or managers. You can cancel pending invitations by clicking the X in the row with the invitation you want to remove.