We’re growing our team at Top Draw and are always looking for new talent! We are looking for a Search Engine Optimization Specialist to work out of our Edmonton office. You know, love, and are passionate about the digital marketing world. You know who Matt Cutts is, can work your way through Google Analytics, know what PPC and SEO stand for, and love everything about the web. You have 2+ years of experience in marketing and optimizing websites for search engines, and most importantly, you love to learn fast. You’ve also taken a look at our blog post to get a general idea of where you would rate your digital marketing skill and experience level.
If you’re the kind of person who craves a fast-paced environment that is results orientated, where your contributions are recognized and you’ll always be learning and improving – then you’re a perfect fit!
You must have:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in an SEO role
- Expert level Google Analytics, Search Console, and Tag Manager proficiency (can handle cross-platform integrations, create custom events and variables, UTM tagging, etc)
- Tried and true competitive research and keyword research methodologies
- Been involved in a successful website development project from an SEO role
- Experience with data collection, interpretation, and communication of meaningful patterns and insights
- Experience working in CMSs like WordPress, Squarespace, Shopify, Magento, etc
- Experience with marketing technology and marketing automation platform integrations
- Experience with a variety of SEO tools/platforms like Moz, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, Hotjar, SEMrush, etc
- Understanding of SEO best practices in content, UX, website architecture, white hat vs black hat, algorithm updates, etc
- Understanding of SEO’s role in website development and digital marketing strategy
- Familiarity with industry thought leaders and news sources such as Search Engine Land, Moz, etc
- Awareness of other digital marketing channel and tactic best practices and their relationship with SEO
- Excellent reasoning and teaching skills necessary to speak with clients
- Excellent solo working skills – keeping yourself accountable to both your growth and the quality of your work
- Excellent interpersonal skills – collaborating and supporting the team to be a critical success factor
- Excellent written communication skills
- Versatility – you can think on your feet, learn fast, and grow your skill sets where needed
- And, last but not least, a passion for creativity, advertising, and agency life!
- Agency experience
- Certifications related to all things SEO and SEM
- Ninja level Excel expertise
- Ecommerce experience
- Link building techniques and experience
- Experience running your own website from top to bottom
- Rock solid examples of SEO and digital marketing results you’ve been able to achieve in the past. Did you increase traffic? Make money? Tell us what you achieved, and what you did! (We love these kinds of stories)
What you get to do:
- Collaborate with the Account team on ongoing digital marketing strategy and implementation
- Research, strategize and execute on SEO objectives using industry tools
- Authority building and Local SEO
- Be a key player in website builds and redevelopments
- Digital marketing results analysis and reporting
- Keep up with the latest in SEO best practices and tools to grow and flex your expertise
- Much much more – this industry is always evolving, and so are we!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Extra paid week of vacation over the winter holidays
- Flex time, start anywhere between 7 am and 9 am
- Our office is three blocks from Grandin Station and on a main bus route
- Free downtown parking
- Options for your desk set up
- PC vs Mac
- Sit vs stand
- Unlimited coffee, snacks, and beverages
- Quarterly staff awards with cash prizes and snazzy trophies
- Professional development support
- Opportunities for public speaking
- Rooftop patio! Work and get a tan at the same time!
To get a better idea of our culture, check out Why You Want to Work at Top Draw!
Please email resumes and references to email@example.com, or fill out the form below. We thank everyone for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, NO telephone calls. Top Draw is an equal opportunity employer.