Digital Marketing Specialist
We’re growing our team at Top Draw and are always looking for new talent! We are looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist to work out of our Edmonton office. You know, love, and are passionate about the online world. You know who Matt Cutts is, can work your way through Google Analytics, know what PPC and SEO stand for, and love the web. You have 1+ years of experience in online marketing of some form, and most importantly, learn fast. You’ve also taken a look at our blog post to get a general idea of where you would rate your online marketing skill and experience level.
If you’re the kind of person who craves a fast paced learning environment that is results orientated, where your contributions are recognized and you’ll always be self improving – then you’re a perfect fit!
You will have:
- 1+ years experience in an online marketing role.
- Experience with Google Analytics and Adwords.
- Ninja level Excel/Google Docs expertise.
- Experience working with CMS systems like WordPress, DNN, etc.
- Some experience with variety of SEO tools/platforms like Moz, ahrefs, Screaming Frog, Raven Tools, and Xenu.
- Familiarity with industry news sources such as Search Engine Land, Search Engine Watch and Moz.
- Awareness of SEO’s role in an integrated website development and digital marketing strategy.
- Awareness of other digital marketing practices such as content marketing, and it’s role in digital marketing.
- In depth understanding of Panda and Penguin (and hummingbird!), the algorithm updates not the animals!
- Some knowledge of link building and it’s impact on digital marketing.
- SEO best practice understanding – white hat vs black hat etc.
- Great reasoning and teaching skills necessary to speak with clients.
- Excellent written communications.
- Great solo working skills, keeping yourself accountable both in your skills and your work.
- Working well with the internal team and being a critical factor in the team’s success.
- The ability to learn very, very fast!
- The ability to think on your feet and learn and modify your skillset depending on the marketing situation at hand.
Things we would like you to have:
- Google AdWords / Google Analytics certification.
- WordPress experience.
- Experience running your own website from top to bottom.
- Rock solid examples of online marketing results you’ve been able to achieve in the past. Did you increase traffic? Make money? Tell us what you achieved, and what you did! (We love these kind of stories)
What you get to do:
- Collaborate with Digital Account Managers on ongoing online marketing strategy.
- Keyword Research.
- PPC campaign creation and management.
- Website building or redevelopment projects where we’re baking SEO in from the start.
- Authority building and Local SEO.
- Online marketing results analysis and reporting.
- Website SEO maintenance using industry tools i.e. Google Search Console.
- Much much more – this industry is always evolving, and so are we!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Quarterly profit sharing
- Extra paid week of vacation over the winter holidays
- Flex time, start anywhere between 7am and 9am
- Overtime pay and banked hours
- Our office is three blocks from Grandin Station and on a main bus route
- Free downtown parking
- Choose your desk set up
- PC vs Mac
- Standing vs sitting desk
- Unlimited coffee, snacks and beverages
- Weekly office dog days to cuten up the work place
- Quarterly staff awards with cash prizes and a snazzy trophy
- Professional development support
- Opportunities for public speaking
- Rooftop patio! Work and get a tan at the same time!
To get a better idea of our culture, check out Why You Want to Work at Top Draw!
Please email resumes and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form below. We thank everyone for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, NO telephone calls. Top Draw is an equal opportunity employer.