Intermediate Web Developer
Top Draw is looking to add another enthusiastic and experienced Intermediate Web Developer on our development team. The successful applicant will work full-time out of our downtown office during our regular hours. Attention to detail, best practices, and working with a team to meet deadlines are critical parts of the job.
2+ years of experience as a web developer in a professional setting (in-house, agency, or freelance) are a must. The successful applicant has created custom themes and plugins for WordPress, and is keen to build on those skills.
- WordPress custom theming and plugin experience
- Ability to produce clean, well-documented code
- Experience working in Photoshop and Sketch
- Responsive web design/development techniques
- HTML/CSS (Including Sass & Flexbox)
- Experience working with different environments for development and production
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug website issues
Assets we would like you to have:
- Experience collaborating with a variety of other roles, including developers, designers, account managers, and digital marketers
- Server/Hosting/DNS management knowledge
- Git version control experience
- Cross-browser/cross-device testing experience
- Optimizing sites for page load
- NPM/Gulp (or Yarn/Webpack)
- Laravel experience
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager knowledge
Your day-to-day duties include:
- Convert designs to custom responsive WordPress themes
- Complete small to medium-sized projects from start to finish
- Maintain and modify existing code bases, including site maintenance
- Work with a wide range of clients and websites in a number of different industries
- Support digital marketing efforts
- Act as a technical resource for other team members
- Assess new technologies
- Estimate hours for proposals and statements of work
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- An extra paid week of vacation over the winter holidays
- Flex time
- Free downtown parking
- Our office is three blocks from Grandin Station and on a main bus route
- Free coffee, snacks, and beverages
- Professional development support
- Opportunities for public speaking
- Summer events on our rooftop patio
- A creative, friendly place to work with an amazing team of experts to learn from
About Top Draw
Top Draw is a digital agency providing excellence in all aspects of online communications. Our growing team is conveniently located just outside of the downtown core, where parking is free and many great restaurants are only a short walk away. Here are just a few more reasons why you want to work at Top Draw.
We pride ourselves in offering an open and welcoming environment to both staff and clients that fosters innovation and creativity. As part of our team, you will be exposed to and involved in all aspects of online marketing while supporting the day to day production needs of the company. If you’re looking for a career choice where the sky’s the limit and your contributions will be valued, look no further.
Top Draw offers a very attractive health and benefits package and unlimited opportunity for motivated people who can get the job done. Send a cover letter outlining how your skills meet our needs and your salary expectations, along with your resume.
Please fill out the form below or send your resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com. We thank everyone for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, NO telephone calls. Top Draw is an equal opportunity employer.